Are you ready for your summer travels? If so, did you remember your oral hygiene kit? If you forget to pack the essentials for your oral health, your smile could suffer from embarrassing effects that can show up in your pictures on your summer vacation.
Our dentists, Dr. Dana Greer and Dr. Dionne Henderson, understand the importance of oral health. That is why our team at Gentle Touch Family Dentistry in Lathrup Village, Michigan, is happy to remind you of the things you need to keep your smile healthy as you travel.
Here are some things to remember to pack for your summer vacation:
– Toothbrush: Make sure you have both the brush and protective covering, so it’s doesn’t get dirty or damaged as you travel.
– Toothpaste: Try to use toothpaste with cavity-fighting power in a small enough size for travel. Some people use an extra toothpaste with teeth-whitening abilities.
– Dental floss: Waxed or unwaxed floss is popular to use, including flossing picks for traveling.
– Travel-size mouthwash: Mouthwash can be useful to clear bacteria from your smile as you travel.
– Sugar-free gum: Sugarless gum encourages salvia production which washes away bacteria and plaque from your smile. It can help protect your teeth between meals and keep your smile clean.
If you need a dental cleaning before or after your trip, be sure to give us a call at 248-552-0076 to schedule an appointment. Our team is thrilled to help you with your oral health and keep your smile clean and fresh for the fun-filled summer.